Saturday, June 27, 2009

Foodie Goes North

After a completely crazy week of packing, the end of school and general craziness, late last night the family packed it up and headed north.

Every July, just in time for Jim's birthday, we head to South River and hang with Jim's Dad (also a Jim) for a week.

Instead of Foodie on the Hunt this week, I'm going to head into town today and see what kind of local food I can find in the North. I already know that there is a microbrewery in town that I have to hit for Kathy at work.

Currently, I'm sitting here, having a coffee, watching the ducks on the lake as Cody makes friends with Jager (the resident dog here). The trailer has a slight lean to the left, so Lucy is navigating her way around while trying not to fall. Mina is watching cartoons on the flat screen TV and Jim is cleaning.

I like this kind of "roughing it". I'll like it even more when we get some breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment